AP 385 Pipeline Maintenance Coating is a brush applied, ceramic filled coating system designed for application to steel, concrete, etc. It is used to protect the surfaces against strong chemicals encountered in the chemical and related industries. It was designed as a non-structural pipe coating that is more durable than traditional tape coatings, paint and wax. This system is mostly used for preventing external corrosion on girth welds, soil interface, exposed ground lines and a finish coat on the Armor Plate® Pipe Wrap. AP385PMC can be applied to vertical, overhead and horizontal surfaces by brush at a thickness of 30 to 40 mils.
- Perform surface preparation.
- Mix Part A and Part B.
- Brush the mixed AP385PMC onto the prepared surfaces to be coated, using a moderately stiff brush.
- After setting momentarily, it will partially level and gloss over. It is not usually necessary to apply two coats of material because the thickness obtained with the first coat will usually be sufficient.
- If a second coat is desired, it must be applied over the first coat while the first coat is in its latter stage of gelling (firm, but tacky to the touch).
- Allow curing process.
- Mix Ratio is 5:1
- Colors: Part A = Light Gray, Part B = Clear, Mixed & Cured = Light Gray
- Pot Life / Working Time is approximately 15-20 minutes at 77° F (25° C)
- Cure Time is approximately 45 minutes at 85° F (29° C)
- AP385PMC Kits are available in 1.2-Quart and 1.2-Gallon Kits (Coverage at 30 mils thickness: 1.2 quart kit = 16 sq. ft; 1.2 gallon kit = 64 sq. ft.)
- Continuous Operating Temperature: -60° F to 195° F (-51° C to 91° C)
- Offers UV Protection
- Shelf-Life is 2 years