Armor Plate® 370 Pipe Line Coating (AP370PLC) is an epoxy composite coating system that is ideal for protecting pipe against abrasion, harsh environmental conditions and external corrosion. The AP370PLC is a long term corrosion barrier that is ideal for ground to atmosphere transitions. AP370PLC forms a chemical barrier that is resistant to a wide variety of chemicals including caustic dilute acids, salt solutions, water, steam and petroleum solvents. It is a wet lay up system so it can be used on straight pipe, as well as bends, tees and other odd configurations. This system greatly reduces the periodic maintenance due to its extreme durability.
- Perform surface preparation.
- Mix the Epoxy 370 Resin Part A & Part B.Prime the area to be coated with the mixed Epoxy 370 Resin.
- Apply the fiberglass cloth tape using a spiral wrap method, overlapping the tape one-half of its width, which will give you a two-layer finished wrap. Confirm total coverage or saturation of the fiberglass cloth tape before covering the preceding layer.
- Brush the mixed Epoxy 370 Resin on the outside of the wrap, in the same direction as the fiberglass cloth tape was applied.
- Allow curing process.
- Mix Ratio is 1:1 (Equal Amounts)
- Colors: Part A = White, Part B = Black, Mixed & Cured = Light Gray
- AP370PLC Kits are available in 1-Quart, ½-Gallon and 1-Gallon Kits with 1-Roll of Fiberglass Cloth Tape (Note: A 1-gallon kit will cover approximately 25 square feet of pipe surface)
- Continuous Operating Temperature: -60° F to 195° F (-51° C to 91° C)
- Pot Life / Working Time is approximately 45 minutes at 75° F (24° C)
- Cure Time is approximately 2 hours at 85° F (29° C)
- Offers UV Protection
- Shelf-Life of the Epoxy 370 Resin, Parts A & B, is 2 years